Tuesday, December 13, 2016

week 21 and week 19 in MDM- "Little Flock of Bloomfield Hills"

Hey Y'all
So my new area is Bloomfield Hills, which has a Family ward, a YSA branch, the Temple, and 11 inches of snow. I am in a trio (or flock, that's what we like to say) with Sister Hansen, but sadly she goes home this Thursday for school, and Sister Lain, she came out with me but wasn't in my MTC district. Bloomfield is a lot smaller than my last area but is more populated. There are so many places to go contacting here it is ridiculous! In Oxford we had a Meijer, Salvations Army, GoodWill and Dollar General. There is a huge mall here, 3 Targets, 5 krogers.... Its amazing. But it also brings its own challenges. There are so many Michigan lefts here it is really hard to figure out which way we are headed but I'm sure the more time I have here the easier navigating the area will become. It reminds me of Provo, in the way it looks. 
We are teaching this really cool Indian family. They just moved here and are looking for a church. We went over the Book of Mormon with them and Smita, the wife was really concerned that it wasn't the Bible. Then I shared a couple of verses from the bible that testify of the Book of Mormon. I was able to remember them in the very moment just like the scriptures say! I was really nervous going into their lesson because of the 'trio complex' and the fact that my companions had already taught them once so I was kinda like an outsider. But the experience I had in that lesson was able to show me that I can receive the same revelation for the people in this area as I was able to in my last area. I am excited to be serving here. 
Have you all seen the #LIGHTtheWORLD Christmas video? It is so cool. It shows me how we can all be like Christ everyday. I hope you watch it and participate in the calendar it includes as well! 
Love Sister Witt 



No comments:

Post a Comment