Monday, December 5, 2016

week 20 and week 18 in MDM- "Christmas time is here, but I won't be"

Hey Y'all 
So transfer calls came this week and I am leaving. No one saw that coming but I am excited to be going to a new area. 
Oxford has all of these really great holiday traditions that bring lots of people out. On Friday night they had a 'Soup and Sweet stroll' and a Christmas tree lighting and on Saturday they had a Christmas Parade. Talk about contacting gold mine. We were able to meet tons of people and we had a lot of fun doing it. The 'stroll' is where the restaurants in town, there are like 10 different ones, each have soup out front and you go around eating soup from everywhere, and the local shops have candy or cookies or hot coco. I have never seen so many people in my life. Okay I take that back but its a close second to downtown Disneyland. Then they light this Christmas tree in the middle of town. 
The children in our ward have been working on a scripture chain all year long. If one on them reads their scriptures they get to put a link on the chain. We on sunday the wrapped it around the entire church and we got to help them. It was so cool to see how excited these kids were about reading the scriptures. We would ask them who their scripture hero's were and they knew the stories so well. It inspired me to go read my favorite Book of Mormon story. You should go read yours too! 
The rest of the weekend was filled with me saying goodbye to all the people we are working with. The picture is a selfie we took with Peggy and Dick.
Well I love you all! 
Sister Witt



No comments:

Post a Comment