Monday, August 22, 2016

week 5 and 3 week in MDM~ "Nephi, the blitz and the screen door struggle"

Ha! That subject line sounds like the beginning of a very interesting story, sadly they are three separate things. I started the BOM again this week and was asked to give a spiritual thought in pec, I was going to talk about how faithful and diligent Nephi is and then the Bishop asked me to talk about something else so I'm going to share my thought here. OK I love Nephi, because he is the prime example of exact obedience and learning for ourselves. Like with Laban, Nehpi was ready to follow the Spirit but thought it out in his head and learned for his self why he should do it. When he was instructed to build a ship he was like "I'm down, show me where the ore is so i can make tools" he knew that he was going to be led the right way when he was following the Lord but he still had a brain of his own and used it. I love when he asks to see the Vision of the Tree of Life, because he believed the words of his father wholeheartedly and believed they were from God, but he wanted to know, nothing doubting, for himself so he asked. Its literally as simple as that. All we have to do is ask, really wanting to know, and being willing to act on our answer and the Lord will show us the way. #How-Cool-Is-That?
For zone activity the entire zone came to Lapeer and blitzed the area. 33 missionaries! It was so cool, Sister Lindsay and I were able to see a miracle through my scriptures. I grabbed them as we were jumping out of the car, but we were going tracting so i was going to put them back in when Sister Lindsay said something like "maybe you grabbed them for a reason" So i just kept them with me. We tracted our way into a farmers market and started talking to a man named Jack, He was disabled in a motorcycle accident 30 years ago and can see how the Lord had blessed his life since then. While we were talking to him, his friend Ken came up and asked me what we believe pertaining to the Bible. Since I had both of my scriptures there we were able to explain to him about the Book of Mormon and the Bible and how they both testify of Christ. We left them with our testimonies, the Elders card and an invitation to come to church. While we were at the Bishops home discussing the activity Ken called the Elders and said he was ready to be taught more that night. He is so prepared! The Elders got 23 new investigators out of the activity and have been asking for our help to teach them all! We are excited for the upcoming week and to see the out come of that. 
Now onto the screen door struggle. What first started as a joke is our biggest problem. Everyone here has screen doors and no one opens them! They all talk from behind them and it created a major divide, between us and them. Honestly if y'all have any ideas we are open to anything!  Its so hard we were unable to get anyone to open their screen doors on Sunday and one woman just yelled at us from her couch. We also got a call from a card we left in a door. The woman told us in a very rude tone that she would be praying for us because we defiantly need it. I told her we would do the same for her. Well i guess that's the joys of missionary work. We were unable to see David and Evelyn this week but plan on seeing them next week! Thanks for all of your prayers! I can feel them and I love them! 
Love Sister Ashlee Evelyn Witt









No comments:

Post a Comment