Monday, August 15, 2016

week 4 and 2 week in MDM ~"many miracles in the MDM"

Hey y'all! So this week went really well and really fast. We were able to see lots of amazing things! the best experiences came later in the week, after we had the opportunity for the Lord to teach us what we need to improve on. This opportunity came when Sister Lindsay and I were invited to attend MLCM on Saturday. MLCM is a meeting where all of the leaders in the mission, (aka zone leaders, sister training leaders...) get together and talk about the mission. Well we aren't leaders in our mission so we were super confused. When we got there we found out that one third of the mission was asked to come because Elder Bennett of the Seventy was coming to council us. What was supposed to be a 2 hour meeting turned into a 6 hour meeting but we didn't care, because it was so good! He spoke to us about getting over our fears, and proclaiming the Gospel. He told us how there are thousands of people in the MDM prepared and ready to hear the Gospel, how they woke up knowing they were missing something but not knowing what it was. He told us how hard satan is working in our mission to stop the work, and how we can't let that happen. He said, "Satan tried to stop the restoration by binding Josephs tongue, by closing his mouth. That one single act would have stopped the entire restoration. But it did not, because Joseph over came him. Don't let satan succeed with that same stupid plan today! Open your mouth! Don't let satan stop you! Don't even give him the chance to." 
That is so powerful and it's just what Sister Lindsay and I needed. We committed to open our mouths and be more bold right there in that meeting. Then we went out into the world. We got home rather late because the meeting turned out to be so long, so we didn't get a chance to act on our newly found courage but I'll tell you of the miracles we saw on Sunday
So on Wednesday while we knocked on Cheyenne's door. Cheyenne is the sweetest 12 year old girl you will ever meet. She told us her mom wasn't home but she didn't work on Sunday's and they would be open to hearing our message. We went over on Sunday and her mom, Heather, was super kind too. She told us that her work schedule is all sorts of messed up right now and she will call us with a day that we could come and teach. And you know what? I honestly believe she will. 
Later we met a man named Marco. He is a non-denominational minister but he did have some honest questions about our beliefs. we talked to him for sometime and right as I started to share the First Vision an ice-cream truck came around the corner playing its jingle super loudly. It just goes to show what dad was trying to tell me before I left and what Elder Bennett was telling us less that 24 hours before. Satan is trying everything to stop that message from being shared! While Marco will probably never convert I know he will never forget that day and how kind we were. Now he has a good positive association with The Church. 
We were in our car driving out of Marco's neighborhood on our way to dinner. My head was down writing about Marco, when Sister Lindsay pulled the car over and said "There is a man outside, with a little girl and chalk, lets go." We hopped out and went to talk to them. I grabbed the first pass along card I saw which was on the SLC temple. The man, David, is in his early 20's and looks a little rough around the edges. His almost 3 year old daughter, Evelyn, (What a fantastic name), is super cute. She was dancing around in a pink dress. Sister Lindsay was talking to David and I was praying to know what I should say/do. I noticed he was really closed off and that Evelyn was standing right next to me. So I knelt down and handed her the pass along card of the temple. She was memorized. I told her it was like a castle and it belonged to a King, God. She was so excited when I told her she could keep the card. I stood up and noticed David's whole manner changed. He said he would meet with us to hear more of our message. 
Those are just my favorite miracles from my part of the MDM this week. They really showed me that all I have to do is open my mouth, put my faith and trust in God and go. He will provide the way!
I hope y'all can see miracles this week too!
Love Sister Ashlee Evelyn Witt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment