Monday, September 4, 2017

Faith and Works

Hey Y'all, 
Last week I promised I would tell you more about our visit from Elder Renlund, It preparation he and his wife asked us to read 3 talks: 'Fourth floor Last Door', 'Joy and Spiritual Survival', and 'The Future or your Faith is not by Chance but by Choice." These talks are absolutely amazing and I would defiantly suggest that you go back and read them if you have the time. Each talk focuses on faith and how we use our agency. Some of my favorite quotes from them (in no particular order) are:
-"Your faith is either growing stronger or becoming weaker"
-"Your faith did not begin at birth, and it will not end at death"
-"Each of us has likely had times when distress, anguish, and despair almost consumed us. Yet we are here to have joy?"
-"If we focus on the joy that will come to us, or to those we love, what can we endure that presently seems overwhelming, painful, scary, unfair or simply impossible?"
-"The scriptures teach us that through faith the worlds were framed, waters were parted, dead were raised, and rivers and mountains were moved from their course"
-"2 missionaries had faith, they were committed. They had the attitude that if no one listened to their message it would not be because they had not given their best effort... They had faith and were willing to work"
Elder Renlund talked to us about how we need to strengthen our faith to see these miracles and then we need to work like it all depended on us. Our efforts and action both in the + side. 
Other things that happened this week was stake conference. Elder Bennett came and talked about President Monsons last talk in April conference. He tells us to read the BoM everyday. I know that if we do this we will have power to meet lifes challenges! Fun fact I have stayed in this stake my whole mission! So when we has stake conference I got to see everyone from the Flint and Lapeer wards. Including Sebastian! It was so good to see all of those people that I love so much! And to see the lives that my faith has touched even if it was a year ago.
I love you all so much! Have an amazing week!
Love Sister Witt
​​​

No comments:

Post a Comment