Monday, August 21, 2017

Adhbuthalu- Another Word for Miracles

Hey Y'all
This is Sister Witt and Sister Korimi coming at you from Rochester East! What can I tell you about sister Korimi, she is from India and when she was 19 her family converted to the church! She knows 3 languages and has taught me a couple phrases in Telugu! She has been on her mission for 3 months and is has so much faith! I am so beyond excited to learn all I can from her. 
 We have seen so many miracles this week! Also we had some really hard trials. One of our first days together this young man named Cameron ran up to us on the trail and asked if we could meet later that week. He said he had been out to UT and met missionaries out there but had never seen any of us where he is from. He seemed really excited and we set up a time to meet on Friday. When we met with him on Friday something didn't feel right and about halfway through sharing the Restoration of the Gospel with him he started to raise so many objections. He was pulling out verse after verse of the bible to try and disprove the Book of Mormon. I was so upset. He had just approached us to bash. Well eventually we finished out 'lesson'. I was so upset, the thoughts in my head were 'How unChristlike is that? This guy literally sought us out to fight with us and pretend like he is telling us the truth. How grateful I am to be in a religion that doesn't do anything like that!' S.Korimi was wonderful during the lesson! She had so many scriptures memorized to show him why we believe how we do. But just like Jobe from last week Cameron has his agency, but it still boils my better that he sought us our just to bash us, he went to UT to 'teach people why the mormons are wrong' what a punk.
Here are some even bigger miracles! We also got 3 media referrals this week! That is a HUGE MIRACLE! I have never received a media referral my whole mission! We are currently teaching one of the referrals, Denise, and we are still trying to get in contact with the other 2! 
I have started the Book of Mormon again and I just want to let you all know how true it really is! I love that book so much and the converting power it has in our hearts and in our lives! I have felt the peace and comfort it brings as I read it! There is nothing quite like the spirit or energy that enters into my life after I read even just a verse of Scripture! I know the Book of Mormon is true! I know y'all know it is true! Thank you all for being such great examples to me! have a blessed week! But more importantly help someone else have a blessed week! 
Love Sister Witt
664 n Main #204
Rochester MI, 48307
These are old pictures from when President Uchtdorf came. We just got them! 



No comments:

Post a Comment