Monday, September 12, 2016

week 8 and week 6 in MDM- "I need to get married and live, because this life just ain't living"

Hey Y'all! 
Haha I had no idea what to put as the subject of this email so I chose the funniest thing that was said to us this week. "I need to get married and live, because this life just ain't living" was a drunk text we got from a potential investigator this week in the middle of the night. It was super funny!! And when we needed to laugh this week we would just say it to each other.
This week was kinda weird because of Labor day, it threw off our whole groove and we had transfer calls on Saturday so that was crazy as well. Don't worry, Sister Lindsay and I are staying together and staying in Oxford!! I didn't really get to tell you about Tonya last week so here is down low. Tonya's house is crazy. She provides everything for all the people that live there. Right now its her mom, Alice, her uncle George, her 15 year old daughter, Jade, her 24 year old son, Joey, and his boyfriend, Chris. She had like 5 other people living there when I got here but they all left for their own reasons and she has noticed it as a blessing. She loves the gospel I can't seem to figure out why she isn't already baptized. For example, this week we over heard her telling Alice that the reason Alice couldn't baptize her was because 1 she wasn't a man and 2 she wasn't mormon. She told us all about the Joseph Smith story and how she just doesn't understand how any other religion makes sense. We have narrowed her problem down to a lack in motivation. satan is trying really hard to work on her right now because he can see the changes and blessings happening in her life and he doesn't want her to recognize them. I think that is why we have been sent to her, to help her recognize Gods hand in her life. Anyone got a good way to teach that? or have a cool way to help others see it? You know I would love to hear it!!
Ugh I just hate satan! Eliza had a really rough week too. She is depressed about the loss of a loved one. She called us crying on Saturday morning and asked if we could come over. We went over and she just poured her soul out to us and cried. I, of course, cried too. We shared our love for her but more importantly God's love for her. She asked us what she could do to have peace again. Actually she asked what scriptures she should read in the Book of Mormon that could help her. I love that she is relying on God in her time of depression! 
I hope that you all can share Gods love with someone this week! I love you!!
Love Sister Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment