Tuesday, July 19, 2016

first week

Hi guys! This place isn't what I thought it was going to be like but it is really great! My comp is Sister Berthelson she is for Dietrich Id and she is super chill about everything. I love her but i just need a little more patience with her. The other sisters in our district are Sister Carter and she is the cutest ever! and Sister Ekker and she has gone through a lot of awful things in her life but she is sweet! We are all going to Detroit! Our district is the best! all of the Elders are so in tune with the Spirit. Their names are Elder Nickerson, Elder Griner, Elder Christensen, Elder Wilson, Elder Johnson, Elder Mckee, Elder Fine and Elder Tracy. 
We taught our first IP Thursday. That means that our teacher plays and investigator. The lesson went really well.  We taught our best lesson the next day. Its hard to be with my comp sometime but we are working on it. 
The MTC is a lot of classes and a lot of learning, not really learning new things but more of learning everything more simply. Its good I like it. 
We watched the Character of  Christ (A devo by Elder Bednar) on Sunday and it was so good. I think the video is just an MTC video but someone said you can find the written part online. IT IS SO GOOD! After we finished watching that Elder Bednar came in and was like "The MTC shows this every Sunday and sometimes I come and answer questions afterward so whats your questions." It was so good! He taught us how to ask a good question and then let his wife help answer them. He is such a good listener he would answer the question to the best of his ability and then he would ask clearifying questions to make sure they understood. It was so good!
Guess what! I joined the choir, but I mainly lip sing. 
We taught our first TRC lessons yesterday and it seemed like our investigators just need some help getting out of their shells. One of them like wouldn't even let us teach her a lesson. 
Well we are all out of time! I will send pictures next week! I love love love love love love love love love you guys!!

Sister Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment